Aprilia Riders Club Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aprilia Riders Club Malaysia

FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Convert to Shell Petrol

Go down 
+3
Hammer8
hotroll
dreschan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dreschan

dreschan

Convert to Shell Petrol Empty
PostSubject: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2022 10:24 am

It's been a month since i change petrol from other petrol to Shell. I use the v97 one. I do notice some difference, good difference i meant. Car runs smoothly and can feel the additional acceleration power. Who else want to share your experience? doesnt matter good or bad. Just want to know more from others. Let me know your car model too. Razz
Back to top Go down
hotroll

hotroll

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 9:48 pm

Want to ask, not sure if tis related with fuel or what, but lately my car's engine sound terrible. Last whole month i lend my car to my sister. Dont know she's filled up with what petrol. Scared to ask her hahah. Does anyone know if the engine performance affected by fuel qualty?

Last edited by hotroll on Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hammer8

Hammer8

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 9:56 pm

Hmm i think Petronas has better fuel consumption, their ron 97 works better for my Yaris.
Back to top Go down
jomthai

jomthai

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 10:57 pm

dreschan wrote:
It's been a month since i change petrol from other petrol to Shell. I use the v97 one. I do notice some difference, good difference i meant. Car runs smoothly and can feel the additional acceleration power. Who else want to share your experience? doesnt matter good or bad. Just want to know more from others. Let me know your car model too. Razz
using honda. and it does give better performance than using other fuel.. if not sure, can try for a week or two. and can feel the difference already
Back to top Go down
titipoh

titipoh

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 11:01 pm

Hammer8 wrote:
Hmm i think Petronas has better fuel consumption, their ron 97 works better for my Yaris.

Really ah? I use Yaris too. And i tried here and there. But i'd say shell 97 is more efficient. I frequently travel KL-JB, i can say that it is more responsive and good pick up power, can easily overtake other cars. No wonder it is used for Scuderia Ferraris F1 cars Razz Razz

Last edited by titipoh on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louiskee

louiskee

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 1:12 pm

jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:
using honda. and it does give better performance than using other fuel.. if not sure, can try for a week or two. and can feel the difference already
this is true. i think its because compare to other fuel. shell has more density and for sure it does keep your engine clean
Back to top Go down
louiskee

louiskee

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Hammer8 wrote:

You already try Shell 97?

Last edited by louiskee on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jomthai

jomthai

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2022 1:17 pm

louiskee wrote:
jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:
this is true. i think its because compare to other fuel. shell has more density and for sure it does keep your engine clean
Yea. somehow its easy to find if u go to rnr or else.. It does help a lot
Back to top Go down
titipoh

titipoh

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 am

Ahh yes, Shell petrol station easy to find at any place, plus now I really like that they implement the payment by TNG RFID refuelling, can earn BonusLink points also. It's very convenient and time saving.

Last edited by titipoh on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
titipoh

titipoh

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 am

louiskee wrote:
jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:

I read at Facebook group, they mentioned that v97 has the DYNAFLEX technology. Its good for fuel system and engine.

Last edited by titipoh on Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hammer8

Hammer8

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:13 pm

louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:

yup i tried once, in my opinion, even-though performance is quite good, but fuel consumption not as expected. dont know la maybe related to driving style too right.
Back to top Go down
jintarapom

jintarapom

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:19 pm

jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:

What types of Honda you use? engine size? You feel big or small difference?
Back to top Go down
dreschan

dreschan

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:36 pm

hotroll wrote:
Want to ask, not sure if tis related with fuel or what, but lately my car's engine sound terrible. Last whole month i lend my car to my sister. Dont know she's filled up with what petrol. Scared to ask her hahah. Does anyone know if the engine performance affected by fuel qualty?

Why you scared? Hahahaha. But i think it is related. Especially when you keep changing fuel. Stick to one type, choose fuel that have additives that can help to protect and clean the engine.

Back to top Go down
hotroll

hotroll

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 2:04 pm

Scared lorr, later she tell ma n pa, his brother is stingy, never messed with the beloved daughter of the family. Hahah. Haizz i think she's keep changing fuel. I also never remind her.  Convert to Shell Petrol 1f605
Back to top Go down
jomthai

jomthai

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:36 pm

jintarapom wrote:
jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:

honda city, 1.5 e.. i can say, it's big difference, other than better performance, i got more mileage with same litre i filled up at other petrol brand.

Last edited by jomthai on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jomthai

jomthai

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:38 pm

dreschan wrote:
hotroll wrote:

Why you scared? Hahahaha. But i think it is related. Especially when you keep changing fuel. Stick to one type, choose fuel that have additives that can help to protect and clean the engine.

true.. because if u keep changing the fuel. it will affect engine performances, pls dont do it again if you dont want to spend fortune to repair/replace parts of car that breakdown.

Last edited by jomthai on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louiskee

louiskee

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2022 8:42 pm

Hammer8 wrote:
louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:

yup i tried once, in my opinion, even-though performance is quite good, but fuel consumption not as expected. dont know la maybe related to driving style too right.

I see. I think it can be most significant when you drive and accelerate more gradually. This will help to reduce fuel consumption and give you more mileage.

Last edited by louiskee on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louiskee

louiskee

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2022 9:38 pm

jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:
hotroll wrote:

true.. because if u keep changing the fuel. it will affect engine performances, pls dont do it again if you dont want to spend fortune to repair/replace parts of car that breakdown.

Yaa that's why I never change to any after I started using Shell vpower 97. Their fuel have higher octane and good to protect my engine, especially if you have high performance engine.

Last edited by louiskee on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
titipoh

titipoh

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2022 9:44 pm

louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:
louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:

I see. I think it can be most significant when you drive and accelerate more gradually. This will help to reduce fuel consumption and give you more mileage.

Yes I agree, to reduce fuel consumption, you also need to ensure your engine is in good and clean condition, shell vpower have formulation to improve engine condition.

Last edited by titipoh on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jomthai

jomthai

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2022 9:49 pm

louiskee wrote:
jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:
hotroll wrote:

Yaa that's why I never change to any after I started using Shell vpower 97. Their fuel have higher octane and good to protect my engine, especially if you have high performance engine.

aha different fuel has different density as well. it's worth to spend on fuel that able to help we maintained good condition and performance of our vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Hammer8

Hammer8

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 10:40 am

louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:
louiskee wrote:
Hammer8 wrote:

Oh.. okay maybe i should try your tips. Sometimes i drive at inconsistent speed. Let me try to re test my car with shell ron97 and see how it goes. Many thanks yah!
Back to top Go down
hotroll

hotroll

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 10:49 am

jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:
hotroll wrote:

Aite, now i know better, so many info provided from master here haha tq guys. Definitely will not mixing up fuel.
Back to top Go down
jintarapom

jintarapom

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 10:56 am

jomthai wrote:
jintarapom wrote:
jomthai wrote:
dreschan wrote:

honda city, 1.5 e.. i can say, it's big difference, other than better performance, i got more mileage with same litre i filled up at other petrol brand.

Impressive, despite the price for premium oil is quite high, but its really giving back huh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convert to Shell Petrol   Convert to Shell Petrol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convert to Shell Petrol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aprilia Riders Club Malaysia :: Aprilia Riders Club Forum :: Perbincangan Am (General Discussion)-
Jump to: